Tuesday 15 March 2016

I work hard for the kransky

I'm not one to normally eat an apple without giving it a rinse first, but that's the situation I found myself in.
I ventured into the local independent supermarket that beckons from across the road from the train station on my way home.
It was 8.30pm and unfortunately, leaving the office at ridiculous times is a situation I normally find myself in. A working situation where your boss thinks it's OK to grab you at 7pm and ask you to sit with him to 'learn' something until the task he's working on is done no matter what, is not  OK. It's not healthy. If it ever happens to you, run away. I let it creep in from the beginning of this particular job about 18 months ago. It's too late for me, save yourself!

Where was I? Apples. So because I left the office at a shit time feeling tired and drained, I decided I can't be bothered boiling pasta and microwaving pasta sauce. Yes seriously. I needed my comfort food. Pizza? Sometimes actually but I've done that too often lately. Chinese takeaway? No. Fast food burgers? No.

Eggs, kransky and toast. Oh yes.

So I ventured into that supermarket. Eggs, check. Apples, well they were there and cheap, $2.90 a kilo.
Kransky... Kransky? Dammit.
Can I make do just with eggs and toast? The bread is almost double the standard chain supermarkets. Abort. I'm going to walk further to one on the standard chains and justify that as exercise for the day. Forget the fact that the initial intent was to get stuff arguably easy to cook than the easy pasta, I was now on a mission.
But I bought the apples, I'll eat one on the way to tide me over for a bit.

How much are the apples at the chain? $2.70. That'll be right.
Kransky was on special though. Winning.
Hi-bran Weet-Bix has had a makeover. I bought that for the first time in a while because Weet-Bix with milk is easier than muesli with yoghurt. Yes that's forward planning for how I'll feel tomorrow. The whinge though is that it's no longer just Weet-Bix, it's a blend. I don't want 'honey' added. It didn't need sweetness to begin with, it's not bitter! 1.5% honey does not make a "blend". Oh but there's sugar in the ingredients list. Honey, of course.

And all of a sudden it's 11.30pm. Mind you, the dinner worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment